Monday, November 19, 2012

pinterest: more than hair

my pinteresting this morning led me to something good.

i can just go 'round and 'round in circles on that thing. i usually just end up on some random woman's page under the "hair" section which results in me standing backwards in front of a mirror trying to braid my hair in some trendy way. every time it ends up a normal braid. how does that even happen.

so, to my surprise, i clicked on something that led to substance. 

just yesterday the words "all i want is a thank you" came out of my mouth. i asked Him to meet me there. and oh, did He. i had just pictured Him choosing for it all to come from my husband's mouth rather than the redirection of my mind in Him revealing what it was that i actually needed.


"Christ never required praise. He never asked for it. He never wanted it.
...[choose] mothering as He would. Not for praise. Not for recognition. Not for a hug, a kiss, or even a thank you. Not because I can’t stand a dirty floor or because someone coming for a visit might see the display of animalistic behavior my children can exhibit. Not for any type of compensation. 



... [choose] sweeping up crumbs because that’s what He did. With a perfect love."


i hear Him speaking to me today...

it's a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment