Friday, May 14, 2010

Team Dinner

Every thursday night we gather to eat dinner together at the Dean's flat. It is always one of the best parts of the week and a great chance to fellowship with our community here. I could talk a lot about this time and how much everyone enjoys it but it's the little conversations that I'd like to share:

Context:
Josh and Caleb had been playing hide-and-seek
throughout the apartment after dinner
was over while everyone was just sitting around talking.


the small conversations we love:
Matt (with Luke in his lap sitting next to Cat): Luke, where is baby Noah?

Luke: Looks around, trying to decide who to point to...

Caleb: (with his mind still being in hide-and-seek mode) Hey, Noah's got the best hiding spot!


Speaking of Noah.
Cat's pretty ready for him to be out of her stomach. About 11 weeks left.

(this is just his head. his whole body can't fit in the screen anymore)

We're just dying to know more details about him.

So the ultrasounds are getting less satisfying, probably
because we're doing it old school style. No
such thing as 3D at our dr. office.

We did hear that he's measuring at a little
over 3 pounds. So when Cat reads the part
about him maybe tripling in size by the time he's born,
her face pretty much drops. Like this:

(by the way, the "bubbles" I was refering to in the last blog are at the top of this picture... showing the different categories of people who should have priority seating on the MTR)

Change of pace:
Now it's me. Cat.
Scott told me to get on here and "fix" it.
What does that even mean?
He's been saying: "update the blog". And then I say "no, you update the blog".
So he gets on here and half way does it so that little stinker can manipulate
me into finishing it up. I know his schemes.

So here's to catch you up on things.

Scott's been wrapping up the first semester of his MBA. I've been seeing A LOT of this:

And wanting A LOT of this:


But I'm needy and pregnant, so who can blame me.


Moving on to my stomach... I can't believe I'm about to put this picture on the computer...

... but then again I can. Because not a whole lot of what I do these days are seeming like me [forgetting things, not thinking of words, ACTUALLY reading the last chapters of my "What to Expect" book, which I said I was not going to do. Because it's frightening.]

Yes, I know my shirt is pulled up. Gross.
Yes, I know you see my belly band. Again, gross.

This picture above I sent to my mom, Scott's mom [who I told to never show anyone, ever. So much for that], and my sister. Y'all have to understand that I can't understand
the hand on the hip pose.

Why?
1. Because it's unnatural and I just about put my shoulder out attempting the stupid thing.
2. I had to look in the mirror to find where my hip WOULD be so that I could put my hand on the right spot.
3. It seems to be a necessity to pose like this if you are on the ends of a picture. That's weird. And why are people doing this.


THE POOL
I have been waiting for this thing to open and for the sun to make it's glorious appearance. Which it has. And I'm getting out of control with self portraits.


Funny things about the pool.
No one is there to soak up some sun.
Every one is wearing a Speedo.
It closes during the peak hours of the day: 12-2. Who does that?
No, the pool is not for relaxing,
it's for swimming laps, duh.


Soon and very soon:
Tonight is Friday night. Bunch of us are watching LOST together.

Scott. Yep, he's studying. His last test before summer classes start [and he'll be taking 2 of those.]

Working on our update that's being sent out the end of this month. [If you want one and haven't received one before, let us know.]

Church.

You better believe I'm making some Spinach Dip. Mom sent me Vegetable packets this week.

I'll be 30 weeks pregnant this weekend.

We're having over some new Chinese students to eat dinner Monday night. Super happy to introduce them to Mimi's mashed potatoes.

Scott goes to Chengdu [Mainland] on Thursday. For a few days.

She might call me back...
that's a might.

6 comments:

  1. just so you aren't confused out there, I pretty much didn't write any of this. I started to try to tell the funny conversation then wasn't saying it right so Cat pushed me out of the way and said let the "professional" do this...and still tried to play it off like I wrote some of it.
    -Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post had me confused. So many random words. Cat--it's a good thing you read the last chapters. After all, Noah will need an escape route and YOU'RE IT! Sorry to break it to you :)

    P.S. You will missssssss that belly and the kicks and the hiccups. Enjoy it while you can!

    P.P.S. Methinks Sarah will for sure call you back now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's called the "skinny arm" pose because - well - it makes your arm look skinnier. but you don't have to worry about that because you are super skinny. and adorable! so excited for you two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, you are such a punk. be glad that A) you are pregnant and can justify putting ugly pictures on your popular blog and B) that I called you back before I read the blog.

    nonetheless, this was a super long and detailed post. which I like. i'm gonna miss the pregnant, sorority armed version of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you still have ankles--you are doing WELL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Catherine! You are absolutely one of the very most adorable pregnant women I have ever seen. You look beautiful! I saw your mama at the Country Club a couple of weeks ago, and she is so proud of you. She's also quite excited about baby Noah! And I chose to comment on this pose because I have an explanation for the hand on the hip thing. {It's the photographer in me, you know!} When we photograph a couple, we turn the guy with his shoulders facing us and the girl with her side facing us. She's thinner already. Put her hand on her hip, and you can see her curves. So she's thinner & looks like a
    lady! They love it every time...seriously! But you look stunning, and I can't wait to see pictures of Noah! God bless. :)

    ReplyDelete